The Destination Development Plan
The Destination development plan lays out a detailed approach to support development of Drumheller as a tourism destination over the long term. The future potential for tourism in Drumheller is only constrained by perceptions of what tourism currently is and supported by the vision of what it can become.
We created a framework to define the tourism regional boundary. Then we defined challenges and OPPORTUNITIES to understand the existing tourism context. Contextual analysis support the definition of Destination Drumheller’s GUIDING PRINCIPLES, as well as its MISSION and VISION.
- Work with the community to ensure that tourism and community goals are fully aligned and that there is mutual benefit derived from our actions.
- Unite the tourism industry and its supporters through open communication, collaboration, and partnerships.
- Welcome all visitors warmly, ensuring they leave feeling like they were our guest and not merely a customer.
- Commit to providing authentic experiences that communicate our unique rural history and that celebrates the people that call this place home.
- Encourage an entrepreneurial environment that fosters creativity, bold action, and innovation.
- Strive to protect our one-of-a-kind natural and agricultural environment to ensure its enjoyment by current and future generations of residents and guests.
To develop the next most visited destination in Alberta – beyond Alberta’s two major cities and the Rockies.
Driving significant economic and social value for Drumheller residents, businesses, and visitors through destination development.
Read the full Destination Development Plan here.
If you have any questions about the project or the engagement process, please contact Lana Phillips, Destination Development Implementation Manager Travel Drumheller at email@example.com.