New Health Measures Introduced
The new measures, which take effect on Sunday, December 13 at 12:01 a.m., include several restrictions that will impact tourism related businesses. These apply province wide and are in place until at least January 12, 2021:
- Restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges and cafes will be closed to dine-in service. Takeout, curbside pickup and delivery services will be permitted.
- Retail services can remain open but at reduced capacity to 15 per cent of fire code occupancy.
- Recreational facilities, including fitness centres, recreation centres, pools, spas, gyms, studios, indoor rinks and arenas will be closed.
- Outdoor recreation is permitted, but facilities with indoor spaces (except for washrooms) will be closed. Outdoor rinks and ski hills may remain open.
- Hotels may remain open but no spas, pools or in-person dining are permitted. Room service may continue.
- Bowling alleys, legions, and private clubs will be closed.
- Libraries, interpretive centres, museums and galleries will be closed.
- Personal and wellness services, including hair salons, nail salons, massage, tattoos, and piercing, will be closed.
- Places of worship will be limited to 15 per cent of fire code occupancy.
- All other previously announced health measures remain in place.
Masks mandatory in all indoor spaces
On November 23 the Town of Drumheller made masks mandatory in all indoor spaces.
Click on the links below details of the bylaw and also some FAQs should you have any questions.